Air Patrol Campaign
Crowdsource air pollution in London!
I would like to recommend people to support this crowdsource campaign. Let see what it is about and how does it work.
Let's make air pollution in London visible
What do I breathe when I run near the River Thames? Is it safe to take my children out in Hyde Park? How is pollution changing from borough to borough?
Get real-time information on your exposure to air pollutants thanks to our personal air quality sensor, support scientists as they experiment new ways to measure pollution and help build a real-time map of pollution across town.
Now available for a limited time only. Are you ready to beat air pollution in London?
Join the first beta test of our cutting-edge personal air pollution tracker.
- Track your exposure to the main air pollutants that impact your health.
- Learn how to protect yourself from pollution.
- Support a crowd-sourced live map of air pollution in London.
- Help fellow Londoners visualize the harmful emissions in your city.
Why does this matter?
The air we breathe is crucial to our well-being
- We breathe 20kg of air every day and only drink 2kg of water;
- 9,400 Londoners (and 500,000 Europeans!) die every year from the consequences of air pollution;
- Air quality networks track pollution in fixed spots... but how bad is the pollution you actually breathe?
Our sensors will help you beat air pollution.
- They track the pollutant gases that matter for your health: NO2 (diesel and traffic), O3 (photochemical transformation of urban pollutants) and Volatile Organic Compounds (indoor pollutants from household chemicals).
- They are ultra-light, miniature and wearable to help you track pollution wherever you go.
- They connect to your iOS or Android phone to send you alerts and let you know when you're exposed.
Help us serve you and help the environment.
- By joining our beta test you will have access to these new technologies before everyone else.
- Your feedback will shape the development of our environmental tracking technologies.
- You will also support scientific research on clean air and pollution: this beta test will help scientists from Imperial College London research how better-informed citizens can protect themselves from air pollution.
It's time we make this personal. Join the Air Patrol and let's map air pollution in London!
How will this work?
Receive a sensor to track air pollution
- Bring the Plume sensor with you: on your bag, on your bicycle, on your dog’s leash... It will track the level of air pollutants around you wherever you go
- Read pollution levels in real-time on your mobile phone via Plume’s smartphone application.
- Beat air pollution by avoiding polluted areas and enjoy your favorite outdoor activities thanks to the live map of pollution in London you'll help build!
Help us beat air pollution
- The experiment will start in June 2016 with a series of focus groups and questionnaires, and last until all devices have been received and worn by our backers across the city.
- Our team will produce and deliver the sensors, manage the crowd-sensing platform and analyse the anonymous data you will collect to provide a live map of air quality in London.
- Scientists from Imperial College London will monitor and support the experiment to learn as much as possible from this new way to measure and avoid air pollution in the city.
Support our experiment
You'll help us improve our sensors and our application, you'll help your neighborhood by mapping air pollution, and you'll help scientists learn how powerful information on what we breathe can be to improve air quality!
Plume Labs is the startup that helps you beat air pollution! We're building advanced technologies to make the air we breathe more transparent. MIT/Stanford engineers on a mission to make the planet a little better thanks to data sciences, the Internet of Things and an enthusiastic community of backers!
Source : Team Plume